Sunday, February 13, 2011

"I pity the fool whose cheesecake cracks into an enormous T!"



Okay...so I made some cheesecakes. I tried a new recipe (which was terrific, by the way, I found it here) and tried to prevent cracking with a pan full of water in the oven...


Same water technique, but I did open the oven to check on the doneness of the larger cheesecake, and I swear I saw it cracking before my eyes. I wanted to jiggle it a little to make sure the center wasn't runny. I guess lesson learned here is to trust your oven light to tell you everything you need to know. But since it was a cheesecake originally intended to be covered in berries, it was easily recoverable:


One note to share. There was a great deal of debate among the reviewers of the recipe that I noted above. It appears that traditional Italian cheesecake doesn't have a crust (my mini one didn't, I tried it that way), but Hubby and I decided that we needed a little texture so I went with a traditional graham cracker crust. I think it was the right move...

No comments:

Post a Comment