Monday, February 14, 2011

Mmmm, Valentine's Day chocolate chip roll-out cookies!

About a month ago on one of my favorite blogs, The Sweet Adventures of Sugarbelle, there was a post for a chocolate chip roll out cookie recipe (check out Sugarbelle's blog for the recipe, it's linked above in the title). I love sugar cookies, but not everybody does (and some people just get tired of them, imagine!), so I wanted to try something different and thought this was truly looking like the best of both worlds. The yumminess of a chocolate chip cookie, plus the flat canvas on which to decorate. Brilliant!

Sugarbelle recommends using only 2 cups of flour and I'd have to say that I agree. Even with a mere 2 cups of flour, it's still a dry dough (although all the gooey chocolate and melted butter make them plenty delicious coming out of the oven)! The dough is supposed to chill for 30 minutes before being rolled out. I left it in the fridge for a couple of hours while I ran errands, and when I took it out to roll it it was hard as a brick. So, boys and girls, take the 30 minutes of chill time seriously.
So, I gave the recipe a shot. It was DELICIOUS. The dough did spread a little on me, so the shapes of my cookies weren't perfect (a common problem for me), but I just kinda decorated around the fuzzy edges!








P.S. I apologize for the partially dark photos. I ordered myself a light tent set (yay!), but it doesn't arrive until Tuesday. I ordered this one... it's only 16 inches, so hopefully it'll do the trick for most projects. I didn't have anything lined up to make this weekend, but maybe i'll have to put something on the docket, just to try out the new toy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment